Monday, August 10, 2009

"Thanks Fabio, you really did me a solid."-- Becks

A year later and David Beckham has wised up a bit in regards to his desired winter loan deal to AC Milan-- or anywhere else in Europe. He now has Fabio Capello working for him to help sway the public opinion. According to Fabs through Gazzetta dello Sport:

"Beckham knows well that if he doesn't return to a big European championship in December he'll have no chance for the World Cup,"

I can imagine the conversation. Beck's people or Beck's himself calling Capello...

"Coach, I'm not sure if you've seen the papers but they're killing me over here. Is there any way you can do me a solid and come out in the papers and declare that I can't play in the World Cup unless I make the winter loan deal again?"

And walla! Beck's now has his justification once again. When the eyes start to roll and the murmur begins he can point back to his dream of playing in the World Cup one more time. The foundation is already in place.

Thanks Fabio!

No comments:

Post a Comment